Welcome!

I have boldly decided to embark on a Juice Fast journey with my trusty Jack LaLanne juicer. Instead of verbally highlighting my everyday progress (or regress, let's hope not) to all my loved ones. Here lies a journal that will chronicle my everyday struggles and triumphs. Be inspired... or not.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Rollie Pollies on a Log

Here is a yummy twist on the good ol' Ants on a Log. Personally, I am not a fan of raisins but as I was sitting there with my son having an apple snack I asked my son if he would like to try some peanut butter on his apples. He declined because he loves his apples au natural. Peanut butter always reminds me of celery and that always brings me to Ants on a Log but I remembered my tub of freakishly large blueberries that I bought at Raley's and I thought, "Hmmm... I bet those would be good on celery with peanut butter...". Uhhhh... yeah! They were!

My son adding the "rollie pollies"

Don't worry. Clean up wasn't as bad as it looked. A quick spray with the hose and all is dandy. 


My sister is deathly allergic to peanuts so I made a couple with Nutella. Oh man... this was even better...

A quick Google and this has actually been done before where the other twists have been coined "Bugs on a Log" or "Blue Ants on a Log". I like my name better, of course. For those that haven't already, try this.

No comments:

Post a Comment