Welcome!

I have boldly decided to embark on a Juice Fast journey with my trusty Jack LaLanne juicer. Instead of verbally highlighting my everyday progress (or regress, let's hope not) to all my loved ones. Here lies a journal that will chronicle my everyday struggles and triumphs. Be inspired... or not.

Friday, June 8, 2012

Vegan Chocolate Pudding

So, I haven't been posting due to... life. Anyway, instead of making this exclusively for juicing because the name of this blog emphasizes ENHANCED not EXCLUSIVELY and also since I haven't been tracking it. I'll throw in some healthy recipes that I have been making at home for me and my family. As far as juicing goes, I still juice daily but as a supplement. I still eat food.


Anyway, on to the point of this post... Vegan Chocolate Pudding. The term "vegan", I have heard, encompasses many things. Such as raw, unprocessed, organic, and non-animal derived. Whatever. To me it means absolutely no animal products. No lacto-, ovo- crap. I'm not a vegan by any means, I have just been working on reducing my animal product intake, as well as my family's. This recipe was inspired by a class presentation while I was in college and I have been making it for my family often.





I don't use honey anymore though. I use agave nectar for less calories. This is all you need. 

1/3 cup  Almond milk (water or soy milk is fine)
2 T        Sweetener (honey or agave)
1 T        Unsweetened cocoa powder
1           Ripe peeled banana
1           Ripe avocado meat
1/2 cup Crushed ice.

Throw everything into a blender or in may case, a magic bullet, and blitz away until all ingredients are well blended. Total time to make this is about 5 minutes. 


I like almond milk but you can also use soy milk

Before...
I love my magic bullet. Unlike the other kitchen appliances that I have purchased, such as my espresso maker, I use the bullet often and you will probably see it come up in my posts. 

The finished product...


After!


 
I guarantee you won't even miss the pudding that comes in those sealed plastic cups. The banana and avocado add that extra creaminess and thickness to the pudding and my son absolutely loves it, as do I!
NOTE: This recipe is meant to be consumed immediately! Freshness is it's life!
Nutrition Facts Label



No comments:

Post a Comment